This quick dessert is ideal if you want to cause a stir at a dinner party. Make stunning layers in a chic plain glass serving bowl. Or for individual servings, use elegant wine glasses.
- 2 tubs quark 250 g each
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 slices German pumpernickel
- 2 oz German dark chocolate
- 1 large jar German cherries in juice
- Beat together the Quark, milk, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Using a food processor reduce the pumpernickel to fine crumbs. Finely grate the chocolate and mix with the Pumpernickel crumbs.
- Drain the cherries well. Now make layers in a large glass dish or 6 wine glasses. Put cherries at the base and spoon on some Quark. Scatter over the Pumpernickel. Repeat the layers saving a few cherries and crumbs for the top. Finish with a Quark layer then put the last few cherries on top and sprinkle lightly with crumbs for an attractive finish. Chill overnight and serve.