- 1 lb round, firm potatoes
- ½ cup chopped bacon
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp clarified butter or high-heat frying oil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 large spring onion chopped
- Add potatoes to a pot with cold water, bring to boil, and cook for about 15 minutes, until soft.
- Peel potatoes and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Cut onions into slices.
- Fry bacon in pan for 2 minutes, add onion slices and cook until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add clarified butter to pan, increase to high heat, and fry potato slices on one side until golden brown, then turn and fry on the other side.
- Add onions and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped spring onions as garnish.