Slices of blood sausage, served cold on a platter with sliced onions, extra hot mustard and paprika, along with Rhineland rye rolls and butter.
- 4 Rye Rolls Called "Röggelche" in Cologne. Click link for recipe to make your own
- 4 pretzel sandwich buns Alternative to Rye Rolls
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 lbs blood sausage pre-cooked
- 3 onions, medium size
- 2 tsp. Hungarian paprika
- 4 tbsp extra hot mustard
- Remove skin from blood sausage and cut in to 3/4 inch slices (about width of 1 finger). Cut onions lengthwise into broad slices.
- Arrange blood sausage slices on platter, top with onion slices, 1 tsp mustard and paprika
- Serve with rye rolls (Röggelche) and butter. If you don't have rye rolls, use pretzel buns.