- 4 pieces Schnitzel from veal, pork or chicken
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs e.g. Leimer Panat
- 2 tbsp clarified butter or a mix of butter and vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 3 large peppers red, orange, green
- 1 Pepperoncini pepper or 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic
- 1 can tomatoes, whole 14 oz.
- 3/4 cups red wine
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika (sweet)
- Lightly beat the meat until flat and thin. Cover with flour and breadcrumbs (Panat) and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Remove core and seeds from the peppers, pepperoncini or jalapeno pepper. Peel onions. Cut peppers and onions into stripes (julienne-style). Chop garlic and peeled tomatoes into small cubes.
- Heat clarified butter in pan. Brown Schnitzel on both sides on high heat for 1-2 minutes and cook on medium heat for 4 more minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm in aluminum foil
- In the same pan, sauté onions and garlic until light brown. Deglaze (Mix) with wine and tomato paste. Add jalapeno or pepperoncini, tomatoes and pepper stripes.Season with paprika, black pepper and salt to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Unwrap schnitzel from aluminum foil and add to the pan. Cook for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve schnitzel on warm plates covered with the Puszta Sauce and topped with parsley. Add rice or french fries.