Crostini mit Kürbisrelish
This scrumptious seasonal appetizer is a creative new way to prepare pumpkin. Crispy crostini are topped with fresh pumpkin relish for an irresistible snack.
- 1/2 pound pumpkin flesh
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 red onion finely diced
- salt freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 ounce pumpkin seeds plus some for decoration, 20 g
- 1/2 tablespoon rapeseed oil 10 ml, or canola
- 1 rustic ciabatta-style bread enough for 12 slices
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh basil
- mâche for garnish feldsalat
- julienne-style carrots and celery or kohlrabi if available
Finely dice the pumpkin flesh. Sauté half of the diced pumpkin with the white wine vinegar, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes, then purée with an immersion mixer.
Peel and finely chop the garlic. Add the diced onion and garlic and the remaining pumpkin to the purée, combine well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Quickly roast the pumpkin seeds in a little bit of oil and salt.
Cut the ciabatta bread into thin slices, spread a bit of butter on each slice and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F until golden brown.
Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin relish on each of the crostini, sprinkle with the roasted pumpkin seeds and basil leaves. Garnish the crostini with fresh mâche and the julienne-style vegetables.