Rotkohlsalat mit Räucherkäse
A colorful salad for the buffet table to be served as a side salad for sliced cold meats or as a vegetarian meal.
- 1 lb German pickled red cabbage drained well
- 1/2 small onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 small green pepper cored and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 5 oz Bavarian smoked cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green lettuce
- croutons optional
Put the cabbage into a large bowl and toss in the sliced onion, green pepper and poppy seeds. Season to taste then mix in the oil.
Cut the cheese into small cubes and mix lightly in the bowl.
Line a platter with salad leaves and pile on the cabbage salad. Add croutons if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Roz Denny, Modern German Cooking