Fresh homemade lemonade with a lovely pink color from German strawberry preserves and the bubbles of German sparkling water.
- Juice of 5 fresh lemons
- 3/4 cup sugar or more to taste
- 1/4 cup Zentis Strawberry Preserves heated gently
- 1 33-oz bottle chilled Gerolsteiner or Apollinaris sparkling mineral water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 fresh lemons sliced thin
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- fresh strawberries for garnish optional
In a 2-quart pitcher, whisk together the juice of 5 lemons, sugar and warm preserves.
Pour in sparkling water and ice. Stir in lemon slices.
Serve ice cold garnished with fresh mint.
If you prefer sweeter lemonade, add more sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Faith Alahverdian, Executive Chef, Shoprite Culinary Workshop