Allondigas are small meatballs. They become a festive snack or appetizer when served on Mestemacher rounds with a pepper cream sauce.
Region Allondagas Meatball Snacks
- 12 rounds Mestemacher Whole Grain Bread
- 12 oz ground beef or pork 350g
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 bouquet parsley chopped
- 1 bouquet majoram or oregano chopped
- 2-1/2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsps olive oil for ground meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil for paprika cream
- 1 jar peeled red peppers 12-1/2 oz, 360g
- 1 cup sour cream
- paprika and sugar to taste
Recipe courtesy of Mestemacher
- Mix ground meat with pressed clove of garlic, onion slices, and finely chopped parsley and marjoram, egg, and breadcrumbs. Then season with salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Make 12 meatballs out of the ground meat. Brown the meatballs in hot oil for 15 minutes, or until brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain peppers, puree. Heat olive oil in small pot, add pepper mixture and simmer for a while. Add sour cream. Season to taste with sugar and paprika.
- Place each meatball on a whole grain bread round, spear and serve with paprika cream.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes