Apfel Zimt Eis
Fresh apples, apple cider, and spices provide the flavor and cream and condensed milk combine to make a smooth and creamy ice cream with the appeal of apple pie.
- 2 cups peeled cooking apples finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1-1/2 cups cream
Adapted from chefkoch.de
- Cook apple in melted butter in large skillet over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple cider and apple pie spice; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk and cream in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in apple mixture. Fill a large bowl about halfway with ice cubes and very cold water. Set the medium bowl containing the ice cream mixture inside the large bowl. Stir until very cold, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Spread in 8- or 9-inch square pan. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.