Apfelkuchen mit Hagebuttensahne
Tangy fruity apple pie with unique rosehip vanilla flavor.
- 2 apples
- 1 packet puff pastry or filo dough
- 7 oz ground hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp Maintal Rosehip Preserve Extra
- 1 whole vanilla bean or 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 packet vanilla sugar such as Dr. Oetker
- fresh mint for decoration
Recipe courtesy of Maintal Jams
- Peel and slice apples.
- Cut out 2 circles out of the filo dough (puff pastry).
- Place one circle into a 9 in pie dish. Arrange apple slices on the circle, leaving 1 in clear around the outside.
- Mix ground hazelnuts with two tbsp rosehip preserves, and the pulp of one vanilla bean (or 1 tbsp. vanilla extract) and boil briefly with the white wine. Let cool and pour on apples.
- Place the second circle of filo dough on top and press edges down. Brush with egg yolk and bake.
- Beat the whipping cream with the vanilla sugar. Carefully fold in the remaining tbsp of rosehip preserve and beat some more.
- Fill an icing bag with the whipped cream.
- Place the tart on a plate and decorate with whipped cream, garnishing with mint leaves.