Spargel-Schinkencreme mit Bandnudeln
A main dish of noodles with green asparagus and fine German ham with a creamy gouda sauce.
- 8 oz thin ribbon noodles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 lbs white asparagus
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 8 oz cooked ham
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 oz grated German Gouda
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- Cook the noodles according to instructions until al dente and drain.
- Wash the asparagus, peel and chop off the woody ends. Cut the stems into 1 inch pieces and cook in boiling water, seasoned with salt and sugar for about 6-8 minutes. Drain and save the cooking water.
- Peel and chop the onion. Chop the ham and lightly fry both the onion and ham in the canola oil. Add the asparagus.
- Mix together the cream with the egg yolk, cheese and salt and pepper. Pour into the pan and mix together with the asparagus, onion and ham. Allow to heat without boiling.
- Carefully fold the pasta into the mixture and allow to sand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.