- 1-3/4 lbs smoked pork shoulder
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 juniper berries crushed
- 2-1/8 cups dry red wine
- 6-1/3 cups cold water
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 lb mixed soup vegetables carrots, leeks, and celery
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns
- Chop the carrots, leeks, and celery into small pieces.
- Peel and mash the garlic cloves.
- Peel and chop the onion for the broth.
- In a big pot bring the dry red wine, water, white peppercorns, celery, leeks, carrots, onion and lemon slices to a boil.
- Add the pork, garlic, bay leaves, and crushed juniper berries to the pot.
- Turn the heat down to bring the mixture to a simmer. Keep covered and simmer for 50-60 minutes.