Nudelauflauf mit Kochkäse
Kochkaese came about as a frugal way to use the dry curds that remain after making high-fat cheese and cottage-type cheese. It is can be found unflavored, or made with herbs.
- 18 oz sauce-grabbing short pasta 500g, such as shells or penne
- 7 oz Kochkäse 200g, natural, 40%
- 5-1/4 oz diced smoked bacon 150g
- 1 onion
- 7 fl oz fresh cream 20 cl, 30% fat
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
Adapted from Kachen.lu
- Cook the pasta according to the product instructions until al dente; then drain.
- In the meantime, peel and chop the onion. Fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan until golden brown, without adding any fat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the Kochkäse and the fresh cream. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and simmer slowly for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F(200 °C).
- Put the cooked pasta into a large ovenproof dish, pour over the cooked cheese mixture and stir in.
- Finally, sprinkle thinly with the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the casserole is nicely browned.