Bayerischer Bratwurst-Bauchspeck Burger
A Bavarian twist on the classic bacon burger. Best topped with sauerkraut, pickles, and mustard.
Region Bavaria, Germany
Servings 4 People
- 4 whole pretzel hamburger buns sliced sandwich style
- 2 lbs Bavarian bratwurst filling seasoned as desired
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 1/4 lb bacon
- 4 tbsp roasted onion
- 1 jar pickles
- Fry the smoked bacon together with the sauerkraut.
- Form burger patties using the bratwurst filling (appx. ½ lb. per patty) and grill for about 5 minutes per side (either on the grill or on a pan on the stove).
- Halve the pretzel buns sandwich style and lightly grill the inside.
- Lay the burger patties on the bottom part of the bun. Drain the heated sauerkraut and place on top of the patty with small pieces of bacon. Top with a tablespoon of roasted onion.
- Top with mustard and pickles.