These German boiled bread, potato and egg dumplings get a head start from Pfanni dumpling mix. They go well with roast beef and tomato salad.
- 1 package Pfanni Potato Dumpling Mix 6.8 oz size
- 1 slice soft roll or white bread 1-1/2 - 2 ounces
- 3/4 oz butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cups water
Recipe courtesy of Pfanni
- Cut soft roll into small cubes and fry in hot butter or margarine until golden brown. Put egg, parsley, salt, nutmeg and fried soft roll cubes into the cold water. Stir dumpling powder into the water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- First moisten your hands, then form 7 dumplings out of the dough. Place dumplings in boiling salted water. Boil for half a minute and then simmer at low heat for 10 minutes.