Radi und Radieschen
A typical Oktoberfest salad with fresh healthy radishes that goes well with a crunchy pretzel and a hearty beer.
- 2 fresh white radishes
- 2 bunches small red radishes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch dill chopped
- 1/2 medium size onion chopped
- 12 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe courtesy of Kochbar.de
- Clean and rinse red and white radishes; slice thinly. Mix radishes with 1 teaspoon of salt and set aside. Wash and quarter the tomatoes.
- Mix together the chopped onions, dill, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and sugar to make a vinaigrette, making sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Drain the radishes and mix together with the tomatoes and vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Decorate with the chopped dill.
- Serve with an original Bavarian pretzel and Oktoberfest beer.