Gepökelte Rinderbrust mit Rotkohl
A one-pot meal for your pressure cooker, this beef brisket cooks with root vegetables, red cabbage, and pears.
- 3 tablespoons purified butter or lard (Butterschmalz)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups beef or other meat stock
- 20 oz beef brisket 600g
- 1 carrot
- 1 wedge of celery root
- some peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 head red cabbage
- 4 pears
- freshly ground black pepper
- In the pot of a pressure cooker melt butter or lard. Add diced onion, sauté until translucent, and deglaze with the meat stock. Add the beef brisket, carrot, celery root, peppercorns, cloves and salt and cook everything in the pressure cooker for about 30 minutes.
- Wash and trim red cabbage, cut it into eight wedges and add to the pressure cooker. Leaving the stem intact, peel the pears and add them 10 minutes later. Cook everything for another 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.