Recipe adapted from chefkoch.de
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Chop the marzipan into pieces and place in a big bowl. Sift the powdered sugar into the bowl. Add the ground almonds, flour, egg whites, and orange liquor to the mixture. Knead well.
- Form small balls of dough and place on prepared cookie sheets. Take 3 almond halves and press them into each ball, forming a star-like decoration.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk and egg yolks. Brush the mixture on the top of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.