- 2 pretzel buns
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp medium German mustard
- 1 small head bibb or red-leaf lettuce
- 8 slices Black Forest ham authentic German, thinly sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes thinly sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the pretzel in toaster overn at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. When still warm, rub with the garlic.
- Arrange the lettuce over two pretzel bun bottoms. Top with the Black Forest ham and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with mustard. Top with the remaining pretzel roll tops and serve.
- Cut Wuerttemberg gherkins in slices, add fresh carrots and lettuce leaves to accompany.