- 1 lb Idaho potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 stick butter finely cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream warmed
- Cover potatoes with unsalted water in large pot; bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook potatoes until tender but still firm, about 7 minutes. Drain into colander; let stand to dry out slightly.
- While potatoes are still hot, pass them through a potato ricer into medium bowl. Fold in butter pieces with wooden spoon; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Gradually whisk warmed cream into hot potatoes; avoid overworking mixture. Add enough cream to reach desired consistency. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Place hot mixture in pastry bag and pipe onto plates.
Cook time: 7 minutes