A stiff drink for chilly days, on the coast or elsewhere that's why it is called Seelenwärmer (soul warmer).
- zest and juice of 1 orange preferably organic
- juice of 1-1/2 lemons preferably organic
- 1/4 cup cognac or any other fine brandy
- 1-1/2 cups freshly brewed black tea Darjeeling or English Breakfast
- 1/4 cup honey plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup golden rum
Recipe courtesy of Nadia Hassani, Spoonfuls of Germany
- Mix the orange zest and juice with the lemon juice and cognac. Let stand for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain the juice and mix with the tea, honey, and rum. Reheat in a saucepan but do not boil. Serve in individual punch glasses.