- 4 slices German whole-grain bread
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Bavarian mustard
- 1 small head bibb or red-leaf lettuce
- 12 strips black pepper bacon fried and drained
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes thinly sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the bread to your liking. When still warm, rub with the garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise-mustard blend.
- Arrange the lettuce over two slices. Top with the bacon and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining bread slices and serve.