- 1 small white cabbage
- 1 small red cabbage
- 2 oz streaky bacon 50 g
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 18 oz ground beef 500 g
- butter for greasing the dish
- 1 cup cream
- 2 oz grated cheese 50 g
- Clean cabbage and cut into strips. Blanch in separate pots in boiling salted water (add a little sugar if you like) for about 10 minutes, remove and drain.
- Heat the oil in the pan, dice the bacon and onion and sauté in it. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and brown in the pan.
- Grease casserole dish with butter. Fill in with the strips of cabbage and ground beef in layers.
- Season half of the cream with a little salt and pepper, pour over the casserole and cook in the oven at 400° F (200°C) for around 40 minutes.
- Mix the remaining cream with the cheese, spread over the casserole and bake for another 10 minutes.