For the Rum Raisins:
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
For the Peppered honey:
- 1 cup buckwheat honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or zest from half a lemon
For the Walnut stuffing:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon chives sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley sliced
- 4 large baking apples
- In a small pot, heat the rum until warm; remove from heat, add raisins, and soak until soft and plump.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine the honey, thyme, pepper, and lemon zest. Simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, toast the walnut pieces until heated through. Stir in the butter, raisins, and rum. Remove from the heat, then add the blue cheese and herbs.
- Remove the top third of each apple and hollow out the core with a spoon. Stuff the apples with the walnut mixture, place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake for at least 20 minutes, or until the apple flesh is tender when poked with a clean knife.
- Place on a warmed plate and drizzle with Peppered Honey.