- 1 cup German rye flour Type 1150
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine grain salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1.3 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup German rye flour
- 1/8 tsp fine grain salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cold, cut 1/4 in. cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F, middle rack
- Butter a 9 in. rectangular loaf pan, line with parchment paper
- Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt in medium bowl
- Beat butter with electric mixer in large bowl until light and fluffy. Drizzle in maple syrup and mix until completely incorporated. Scrape sides
- Beat in egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Scrape sides.
- Take half of the flour mix, stir for 2 sec, add a splash of batter mix, mix slowly for 5 sec, add the rest of the flour mix, mix for 5 sec and then add the rest of the batter mix and mix for 5 sec until both just come together (don't mix too long).
- Fold in 1 cup of blueberries and pour batter evenly into loaf pan, using spatula to scrape the walls of the bowl,
Streusel Topping Instructions
- Place the flour, butter and brown sugar and pecans in a food processor. Pulse 20-30 times or until the topping is just beyond sandy and crumbly (but before becoming doughy).
- Crumble 2/3 of the streusel mix over the cake batter, sprinkle 1/3 cup of blueberries on top and then add the last crumble. Pat streusel cover into place with fingers.
- Bake for 40-50 min. or until top is golden brown. Insert a toothpick into the center to see if it comes out clean. Let cake cool for 5 minutes, remove from pan and let cool further on a rack