German Cambozola cheese is the basis for a creamy flavorful sauce with diced German prosciutto. For a low-carb alternative to fettuccine, serve over steamed asparagus.
- 3/4 lb fettuccine (12 ounces)
- 6 oz Cambozola cheese rind removed
- 1/2 cup diced Abraham Prosciutto (4 ounces)
- 1 pint light cream
- black pepper to taste
- finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook egg noodles in water according to package directions.
- In saucepan, simmer light cream, add cubed Cambozola and stir until all ingredients are blended into a smooth sauce. Remove from stove and add diced Prosciutto just to heat through.
- In a pre-warmed serving platter add drained egg noodles, pour sauce and mix thoroughly until pasta is coated with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Low-Carb Serving Suggestion: For a delightful low-carb version, substitute fresh roasted asparagus for the egg noodles.