- 3 fresh celery roots
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar or imported wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp German medium hot mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium fresh onion thinly sliced
- sea salt and ground white pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Rinse whole, unpeeled celery roots well; place in pot and cover with water. Bring water to low boil; cook celery roots until tender, but still firm. Remove from hot water and immerse in ice water to cool quickly. Peel and julienne with serrated knife or use mandoline. Set aside in large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, 1/4 cup water, onion, and sea salt and white pepper to taste in medium bowl. Pour over celery root and mix thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives.
Cook time: 10 minutes