- 1 package Bavarian potato pancake mix such as the Panni brand
- 1/3 cup grated German Emmentaler cheese
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup quark
- 3 tablespoons crushed tomato
- 2 tablespoons German curry ketchup
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 onion sliced into rings
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare potato pancakes according to box instructions. Place pancakes on a baking sheet and sprinkle grated Emmentaler cheese over 4 pancakes. Place pancakes in oven and allow to toast until cheese has melted.
- Cut chicken into small medallions. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Heat oil in pan. Once hot, place medallions in pan and cook over medium/high heat. Continue cooking until chicken is browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- While chicken cools slightly, mix quark, tomato and curry ketchup in small bowl. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Lay lettuce slices on 4 plain potato pancakes. Add sauce. Place chicken medallions, onion rings, tomato slices and chives on top. Cover with cheese potato pancakes and serve.