Nic Prong, a young head chef at Chef Olaf's Ten Restaurant, came up with this unbelievable bowl of gooey chocolate indulgence. Chef Olaf likes to use dark organic chocolate from Germany. Enjoy!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups skim milk
- 10-1/2 oz 70% dark chocolate chopped
- 2 oz brandy
- 2 oz Kahlua
- 2 oz Crème de Cacao
- 1 pound cake store bought (e.g. Kuchenmeister)
- 1 oz white chocolate shavings
- 1/4 cup whipping cream whipped
Recipe courtesy of Chef Olaf Mertens
- In a double boiler, or metal bowl that fits over a pot of boiling water, place cream and milk; add dark chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts into a smooth mixture.
- Add the liqueurs and cook until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and portion into individual serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To garnish, cut pound cake into croutons and toast in the oven. Top the soup with croutons, white chocolate shavings, and a dollop of whipped cream.