- 3/4 cup Gouda cheese or Emmenthaler
- 3/4 cup watercress or arugula
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup genuine Black Forest ham, diced
- 4 cocktail tomatoes and/or 1 red pepper
- Grate cheese. Finely chop the watercress (or arugula). Dice the Black Forest ham, dice the red peppers and cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Combine 4 eggs with the cheese and watercress (or arugula). Divide the mixture among four egg coddlers.
- Crack open the remaining eggs and pour the content into one on each of the coddlers. Close the lids and place the coddler into a cooking pan filled with simmering water (the water should reach to the bottom edge of the coddlers). Cook the eggs for about 15-18 minutes.
- Using hot pads, remove coddlers from the pan. Remove eggs from the coddler and serve on plate along with the diced ham, diced red peppers and cocktail tomatoes. Or spoon the colorful eggs straight out of the coddler.