Schweinenackensteaks in Altbiermarinade
Grilled skewers (kabobs) are hugely popular in Germany. This flavorful version uses different types of meat (beef, pork, lamb, veal) with onions, bell peppers and sage.
- 1/3 lb beef fillet 150g
- 1/3 lb pork fillet 150g
- 1/3 lb lamb fillet 150g
- 7 oz veal fillet 200g
- 2 oz double-smoked bacon or salt pork (Speck) sliced thick, 60g
- 4 slices Black Forest prosciutto
- 2 onions
- 2 red and green bell peppers
- salt and pepper
- melted butter for basting
- 8 small sage leaves
- 8 skewers
- Cut the beef, pork and lamb into large cubes. Slice the double-smoked bacon, onions and bell peppers. Divide meats and vegetables evenly among the 8 skewers. Cut the veal fillet in 4 slices and wrap them in the prosciutto. Season everything with salt and pepper, baste with melted butter and grill for about 5 minutes per side.
- Garnish the veal fillets with sage and season the skewers with paprika.
- Serve with different kinds of fresh bread.