A stunning salad which is also delicious! The cucumbers and bell peppers provide crisp textures, the eggs give the salad great substance, the mushrooms add an earthy aroma and the fresh herbs provide wonderful flavor and depth.
- 4 eggs
- 2 bell peppers different colors
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 3-1/2 oz button mushrooms 100g
- 1/3 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons cold-pressed rapeseed oil (canola oil)
- salt and pepper
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes. Rinse them in cold water, peel and cut them in half. Wash and clean the bell peppers and the cucumber. Cut the bell peppers into thin rings, the cucumber into thin slices. Clean the mushrooms and slice them thinly. Wash, trim and halve the tomatoes. Wash the lettuce and tear it into bite-size pieces. Gently mix the prepared ingredients in a large bowl. Arrange the egg halves on top.
- For the vinaigrette wash the herbs. Cut the chives into small pieces and chop the dill. Combine the vinegar, oil and herbs. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste and drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette.