In this recipe, tangy sauerkraut is tempered with creamy crème fraîche. This side dish will complement roasted chicken or pan-fried pork chops, and also makes a tasty baked potato topping.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups drained German sauerkraut with caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add sauerkraut and stir. Turn heat to low and cover; cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and stir in crème fraiche and minced chives. Serve.