Pfannkuchen mit Camembert-Schnittlauch-Füllung
Flavorful crepes made with German Camembert cheese and chives, served with cranberry relish and a green salad.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 7 oz all-purpose flour
- 12 oz German Camembert such as Champignion
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 jar cranberry or other German jelly
- Separate the eggs and blend the egg yolk with the milk and flour. Beat the whites with a dash of salt in a blender until stiff and add to the mixture. Add salt and pepper and allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes. Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan. Add spoonfuls of the mixture and fry pancakes over medium heat cooking each side about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut Camembert into 1/2 inch thick pieces and place on cooked pancakes, and then sprinkle with chives. Fold the pancakes in half, place on a greased cooking tray and bake at 400 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with German cranberry jelly and a salad.