Gurkencremesuppe mit Kartoffeln
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Peel cucumber and cut in half. Remove seed and cut cucumber into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Cover potatoes with water, add salt and pepper and cook until done. Pass potatoes through a sieve together with cooking liquid.
- Place puree in saucepan and fold in cream, milk, grated onions and cucumber. Leave soup to simmer for 5 minutes. Add dill. Season to taste.