The flavors of different fresh fruits and dark German beer come together in this great punch.
- 1 apple
- 4 ounces strawberries
- 4 ounces raspberries
- 1 quart chilled Altbier dark German beer
- 2 ounces sugar
- lemon balm and fresh raspberries for decoration optional
- Put the sugar in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Wash the apple, core and quarter it and cut into pieces. Wash and dry the strawberries and raspberries. Place the fruit in a punch bowl and pour the sugar syrup on top. Cover and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Add the dark beer and decorate with skewers of fresh raspberries and lemon balm.