Deutschländer is a premium sausage containing over 75% of the finest pork meat and are actually made in Germany. These sausages are less salty than regular hot dogs and taste great with many dishes. Makes a great addition to pasta and other salads.
- 7 ounces spiral pasta (200 g)
- 1 jar Meica Deutschländer sausages 6 sausages = 330 g
- 7 ounces canned sweet corn (200 g)
- 3-1/2 ounces frozen peas (100 g)
- 7 ounces Edam cheese (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3-1/2 ounces crème fraiche (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 dashes Worcester sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3-1/2 ounces cherry tomatoes (100 g)
Recipe courtesy of Meica
- Cook the pasta al dente in salted water, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain the Deutschländer and cut them into diagonal slices. Drain the sweetcorn, blanche the peas, drain and allow to cool. Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Mix the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, tomato sauce and lemon juice and then season with salt, pepper, paprika and Worcester sauce to create a savoury mix.
- Mix all salad ingredients with the dressing and the parsley and allow to marinade for about half an hour. Wash and quarter the tomatoes and arrange them on the plate with the pasta salad.
Related Product: Knorr "Salatkrönung" Pasta Salad Dressing