Gorgeously colorful and flavorful skewers featuring tender lamb, fresh pumpkin and squash, served with thyme-infused potato wedges and a refreshing yogurt dip.
- 1 lb pumpkin flesh or a bit more
- 1 medium zucchini squash
- 4 medium red onions
- 3 fillets lamb 1/3 pound each
- 8 metal or wood skewers
- 2 lbs medium-sized potatoes
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup rapeseed oil 70 ml
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 oz yogurt 375 g
- 1-1/2 oz mayonnaise 50 g
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch fresh chives coarsely chopped
- chunks of sweet and sour pickled pumpkin as garnish
- Cut pumpkin into 1x1 inch diamonds. Wash and clean the zucchini squash and cut it into 1/2 inch slices. Peel the onions and cut each of them into eight wedges. Cut each of the lamb fillets into quarters. Arrange the ingredients on skewers.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into wedges. Remove fresh thyme leaves from the stems, chop them up and combine half of them with salt, pepper and 50 ml oil. Coat the potatoes in the oil and bake them in the preheated oven at 400 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Peel and finely mince the garlic and combine it with the remaining oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Coat the pumpkin lamb skewers with the oil mixture, briefly brown the skewers in a sauté pan, then place them in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- For the dip combine yogurt, mayonnaise, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and chives. Arrange the skewers with the potato wedges and cubes of pickled pumpkin and serve with the yogurt dip.