Hard boiled eggs with a creamy green spring herb sauce, in the regional style of Frankfurt, Germany.
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup rapeseed oil (canola oil)
- 5 oz plain yogurt
- 5 oz sour cream
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped herbs typically a mixture of parsley, chives, chervil, borage, sorrel, watercress, and salad burnet
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp German prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pickled German gherkin
- 1 onion
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, cut in half, remove the yolk and mash it with the oil. Add the yogurt and sour cream.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs. Peel and crush the garlic clove and mix together with the herbs, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar. Finely chop the egg yolk and gherkin. Peel and grate the onion and mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Serve with hard-boiled eggs.