Hard boiled eggs with a green spring herb sauce, garnished with watercress. A perfect dish for Easter brunch. Serve with salad an French bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bouillon
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon German prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons watercress
- 8 fresh eggs
- To prepare the sauce:
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Add flour and mix with melted butter, stirring constantly. Add bouillon slowly, stirring into the flour and butter mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, yogurt, salt and pepper and the finely chopped herbs (except watercress).
To prepare eggs:
- Hard boil eggs, rinse with cold water, peel and cut in half lengthwise. Pour the hot or cold sauce over the eggs and garnish with watercress.
- Serve with salad and French bread.