Hard boiled eggs with a green spring herb sauce, garnished with watercress. A perfect dish for Easter brunch. Serve with salad an French bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bouillon
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon German prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons watercress
- 8 fresh eggs
To prepare the sauce:
Heat butter in a saucepan. Add flour and mix with melted butter, stirring constantly. Add bouillon slowly, stirring into the flour and butter mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, yogurt, salt and pepper and the finely chopped herbs (except watercress).
To prepare eggs:
Hard boil eggs, rinse with cold water, peel and cut in half lengthwise. Pour the hot or cold sauce over the eggs and garnish with watercress.
Serve with salad and French bread.