Hard boiled eggs with a creamy mustard-lemon sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes for a German brunch main dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bouillon
- juice of one lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons German prepared mustard to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon table cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 fresh eggs
To prepare the sauce:
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Add flour and mix with melted butter, stirring constantly. Add bouillon slowly, stirring into the flour and butter mixture. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Stir in mustard, sugar and cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To prepare eggs:
- Hard boil eggs, rinse with cold water, peel and cut in half lengthwise. Pour the hot mustard sauce over the eggs.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.