- 21 eggs
- 7 bread rolls
- 1/2 liter milk
- 1/2 kg smoked ham Kasseler ham
- salt and pepper
- fat to grease the mold
- 1/2 lbs German bratwurst sausage
- Soak the rolls in the milk. When the milk is absorbed, add the eggs. Mix everything well in a blender, then season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg.
- Fry bratwurst until done
- Select a baking pan, such as a large roasting pan ,and grease the pan thoroughly.
- Then there are two ways to assemble:* either place the sliced ham and bratwurst on the bottom of the pan and then pour the liquid mixture over it, or * dice the ham and bratwurst, fold into the dumpling mixture and put it all into the mold. This way the meat is distributed throughout.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Towards the end, test with a wooden skewer or stick. If it comes out clean, the Filsen is ready.
- As the Dessauer Filsen itself is filling, adding a simple green salad to make a meal.