- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 16 oz mascarpone
- 1/2 cup Forest Berry Fruit Spread Maintal
- juice of 1 lemon
- finely chopped peel of 1 organic lemon
- 1 sheet of gelatin
- 1 tbsp raspberry brandy
- 1 tbsp red currant liqueur (cassis)
- 3/4 cup red currant juice
- 8 oz sponge fingers
- 1/2 cup Forest Berry Preserve Maintal
- Soak gelatin in cold water. Mix sugar and egg yolks in a food processor at high speed for 10 minutes until frothy. Set food processor to medium speed and add mascarpone a spoonful at a time. Add Forest Berry Organic Fruit Spread by the spoon and stir slowly. Add the lemon juice and lemon peel. Squeeze water out of gelatin and put gelatin into a large ladle. Place ladle in hot water and stir until gelatin has dissolved. Stir the gelatin into the mascarpone mix.
- Line a baking form or bowl with cling wrap and spread a third of the mascarpone-forest berry-cream. Mix together in bowl the raspberry brandy, red currant liqueur, and red currant juice. Briefly soak half the sponge fingers in the juice-brandy mixture and put on top of the cream in the baking form. Add another third of cream. Top that with Forest Berry Preserve Extra. Briefly soak the other half of the sponge fingers in the juice-brandy mixture and put on top of the cream. Top this with the rest of the cream and cool for 6 hours.