Slowly simmered bone broth is an age old remedy to strengthen the immune system and cure the common cold. The marrow dissolves during the cooking process, adding flavor and texture to the broth.
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 lbs beef bones with marrow
- 1 onion whole
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 6 cups water or beef broth
- Put bones into the water or broth and add water until the bones are just covered.
- Add apple vinegar
- Cook the bones at low temperature for several hours
- Cut vegetables and add to the broth, along with the herbs, 1 hour before the bones are done.
- Pour broth through sieve in to a separate pot and skim off the fat.
- Scoop bone marrow from the bones and spread on toast. Serve the toast with the hot soup.