Whether you’re celebrating a college or high school graduation, Mother’s Day, a bridal shower or just enjoying a beautiful spring day, these unique German-inspired brunch recipes will wow your guests and make your special occasion a day to remember.
- Pumpernickel makes delicious little toasted croutons which can be spread with green-herb-flavored quark to float on top of soup or served alongside. Spinach leaves give this light creamed vegetable soup its fresh green color.
- Canapes of smoked mackerel topped with a apple-horseradish cream, garnished with chervil. Recipe courtesy of Chef Uta Schepers.
Fruity Brunch Dishes
- Morello cherries marinated in lightly spiced wine and Kirschwasser nestled in an airy butter cheese soufflé make for a delightful contrast in flavors and textures.
- Homemade semolina waffles topped with flavored strawberries and whipped cream make a great brunch or romantic breakfast. Perfect for Valentine’s, Mother’s Day or just as a special weekend treat.
- Homemade almond-flavored waffles with raspberry cream, topped with fresh raspberries. Makes a great brunch or romantic breakfast dish.
- Homemade hazelnut flavored waffles served with blackberry cream and topped with fresh blackberries make a great brunch or romantic breakfast dish.
- A delectable recipe, courtesy of Chef Andreas Appenzeller. This tart, similar to quiche, offers a nice hearty and creamy dish for brunch.
- This sophisticated spring salad features seared pork tenderloins over an unusual mixture of greens, with a wild garlic pesto.
- A breakfast or brunch dish of browned mushrooms, onions and German spaetzle noodles in a lightly spiced custard.
- Flavorful savory rolls are filled bacon, ground pork, and sauerkraut and seasoned with leeks, juniper berries and clove. Delicious served with sour cream.
- A novel presentation of German flavors of red cabbage, spaeztle, and Cambozola blue veined cheese, this nutritious and elegant dish could be a vegetarian entree for a holiday meal.
- As delicious as it gets! The slightly tart créme fraîche perfectly complements the fresh sweet strawberries.
- A refreshing blend of white wine, sparkling wine (or mineral water) and wild woodruff.