- 4 medium eggs
- 2 oz shallots 50 g
- 2 tbs butter
- 17-1/2 oz ground beef 500 g
- 1-1/2 oz bread crumbs 40 g
- 3 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper
- Prick a small hole at the bottom of 3 eggs and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, finely dice the shallots and fry in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until brown. Peel eggs.
- Mix cooled shallots, ground beef, bread crumbs, mustard and 1 egg in a bowl, add salt and pepper. Knead thoroughly with the dough hook of the hand mixer.
- Moisten hands and press meat mix flat onto a baking sheet (25 x 25 cm). Place hard boiled eggs in a row in the center, cover with meat and form into a loaf. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle the loaf with it.
- Place the loaf on a greased baking sheet and place in the hot oven at 200 degrees on the middle rack for 45 minutes. (convection at 180 degrees 40 min.). Switch off the oven and let rest of 10 more minutes. Serve with boiled potatoes.