Serve these über-deutsche sandwiches for a casual Oktoberfest party, with potato salad and a cold lager or pilsner.
- 2 pork tenderloins 12-ounces each
- 3 tablespoons German hot mustard plus more for bread
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- long or short pretzel baguettes allow 6 inches per person
- 1 cup German curry ketchup
- 2 German garlic barrel pickles sliced
Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Pat tenderloins dry and rub with mustard. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on grill. Grill for 10 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 155 degrees F.
Slice baguettes into 6 six-inch segments; slice open and spread with mustard.
Let cooked tenderloins stand, loosely covered with aluminum foil, for about 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees). Slice very thinly and divide among prepared baguettes. Garnish with curry ketchup and pickles, and serve.