This salad is nutritious, colorful, chock full of tasty ingredients, and easy to toss together. Serve it with some German wholegrain crispbread or sunflower seed bread.
- 1 can white beans such as Great Northern drained and rinsed, 16-ounce
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup German red cabbage from a jar
- 1 small Granny Smith apple cored and sliced thinly
- 4 ounces cubed Bavarian rauchkäse about 3/4 cup, a smoked semi-soft cheese
- 4 slices German proscuitto sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- Place all ingredients except vinaigrette in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve alone, or spooned over lettuce leaves if desired.
For the Marjoram Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until mixture is smooth and emulsified.