Schweinenackensteaks in Altbiermarinade
The preferred cut for this popular grilling meat is taken from the pork neck. The dark beer (Altbier) marinade boosts the meats flavor and helps tenderize it.
- 1 bunch marjoram
- freshly ground black pepper
- coarse salt milled
- 1-1/3 cups dark German beer (Altbier), 300 ml
- 3/4 oz honey 20g
- 3 oz. German whole grain mustard 75g
- 4 pork chops
- Combine the whole grain mustard and honey with the dark beer. Strip the leaves off the sprigs of marjoram and add them to the marinade. Submerge the pork chops in the marinade and chill everything for about 12 hours, turning the meat over once.
- Drain the pork chops and pat them dry with paper towels. Grill over high, then medium heat from 3-5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the chops). Take the meat off the grill and let it rest for a short while. Season with freshly ground black pepper and coarse salt.