Sandwich mit gegrilltem Sommergemüse
The epitome of summer flavor! Grilled bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini and oyster mushrooms combined with aromatic basil and crisp lettuce.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 zucchini squash
- 3-1/2 oz oyster mushrooms 100g
- 1 bunch basil
- 8 leaves lettuce green leaf or romaine
- 4 demi-baguettes
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- pinch salt and pepper
- Wash the vegetables, lettuce and basil and drain well. Cut the bell pepper into quarters, remove the stem and seeds and cut it into inch-wide strips. In a small saucepan boil the bell pepper strips in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini into thick slices. Remove the mushrooms' stems. Slice the demi-baguettes in half and spread them with butter, setting 1 tablespoon of butter aside. Tear the lettuce leaves into large pieces and divide the lettuce and the basil evenly among the baguettes.
- Place the vegetables along the edge of the grill (indirect heat) and leave them on for about 12-15 minutes, turning them over several times. The oyster mushrooms only need about 6-8 minutes on the grill.
- On a large plate gently mix the grilled vegetables with specks of butter and salt and pepper to taste. Divide the vegetables evenly on the baguettes and serve.